Saturday, April 28, 2012

Blog post #13

24 hour Electronic Fast!

PhoneFail






                     Most of the time we or should I say I make fun of people who can't live without their phones or t.v. I like to think of myself as more of a country guy. I was raised in the woods with limited cell service and I loved the outdoors and what other people would probably call "Roughing" it. I grew up camping and being outside all day long only to go to sleep and do it all over again the next day.
                     These 24 hours were really hard to get adjusted to. I thought I would just be able to jump right into it and start it. I was wrong and found that out when I had everyone calling and texting me because I didn't let them know what I was doing. So after starting over and letting everyone know what I was doing it began to get really tough. My cell phone wasn't the biggest problem as much as my tv was. In Mobile where I live there's not much to do outside and I never knew how much time I spent inside until doing this. I knew the braves were playing and I just wanted to sit down and watch the game but, I couldn't.
                    I also couldn't get on my computer to do anything. Good thing I got a lot of my homework out of the way before starting this project because it was really hard not to get onto my computer. The thing that I learned was that I do use electronics way more than I thought I did. Even being the country guy I am I still use technology in almost all aspects of life. Which proves that the world is changing and is more technologically advanced. It will only continue to change for the better and I will use this to help me become a better teacher for the future. I actually would like to use this same project for my class and have them write to me and see the differences in my experience and theirs. This would help me get a better idea on how much the world has changed in their lives. I hope to be a teacher of the future and educate kids in new ways that I have learned in edm310 this semester. I completely agree that everyone going through education should be required to take this class because what you learn is extremely helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment