Saturday, April 21, 2012

Blog Post 12

History of Alabama

1)For this blog post watch the history of Alabama video.


2)Write two or more paragraphs following the outline of a quality blog post. What are some things that you may have learned that you didn't know took place in Alabama? Where there other things you think should be added to the video?


               For me I thought the video was really cool for a number of different things. I thought it was cool how it started off with some local talents who have went on to make it in Hollywood and they still know what it's like down here. Like Ruben said one the greatest things about Alabama is the football. We don't really realize how important it really is to us until we look at it from an outsider's viewpoint. I also thought it was really neat that they had all of the stuff about Helen Keller in the video. I don't think you can watch a video on the History of Alabama and not have anything about her in it.
               The thing that shocked me the most was all of that about the music from Muscle Shoals and the impact it had on music. I had heard of Fame before but not the story that this video told. I had no idea that some of the biggest names in country, rock, and r&b recorded there. Names like Aretha Franklin and The Rolling Stones were among a few. That's really unbelievable to think about. This video had all kinds of cool things in it like one of the worlds first city wide elecrtic trolly system in Montgomery. Also one of America's first open heart surgeries were performed in Montgomery. All in all this was a great video that taught me some things about my own state that I didn't know before!

No comments:

Post a Comment