Thursday, February 16, 2012

Post #4

Kid Fail




1st Graders create their own read along audio book

I really liked this video and how she explained what she did to help the students stay better focused like splitting them up into groups. The coolest part to me was that she said how much enthusiasm they showed to do all of the recordings. They wanted to re-record if it didn't sound just right which helped them get better with emotions and the way they read the story. This also will help them in the future with reading in classrooms or public speaking I believe and making a crowd believe that you enjoy what you are talking about and not just reading a piece of paper. One more thing I really liked was that she thought to put a specific noise at the beginning of each chapter just in case a student became lost along the readings.

Listening Comprehension Podcasting

This video was really cool and I only wish we could have gotten to do things like this in the first grade. They were able to use the smart board and edit their audio clips like it was some kind of music track or something. It was really cool to see that and they were speaking Hebrew pretty good whether the knew it or not. Another thing I liked is how she said that listening to the words not only helped them see how they were pronounced but how they sound or relate to the sentence. This will help future use of the word when they put other words around it to make their own sentence. Overall, a really cool post.

The benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom

This video was probably my favorite out of the group because it shows a way that technology is helping education that I can immediately relate to. I have been sick plenty of times in school and had work sent home with me that I may not understand. Now they have podcasts and or vodcasts where the teacher can explain the lesson to the sick student in more depth for them to understand it better and complete their work correctly. I think that is very cool and can't wait to integrate that into my classroom. This is another great positive about technology in the classroom that is helping us educate even better.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Zack,
    My name is Kate. I enjoyed your post. I agree that it is amazing what technology in the classroom can offer and accomplish in regards to effective education. Podcasts are very beneficial to the student and the teacher and I look forward to using them in my classroom one day. Other than a few grammatical errors (which we all make) I think it was a good post. Some links to the websites you were talking about might be helpful as well. Keep up the good work and good luck in the rest of EDM 310.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Zack!
    I agree with your post. I've never done a podcast before, so to see 1st graders do it kind of gave me a bit of confidence. I really like how to students enjoy doing these type of things, and that it makes them actually want to learn. I also like how podcasts can be used for students to catch up on missed work and whatnot. Your post was really great. I agree with Kate on putting links into your post. It will help your readers actually see what you're talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need links.

    Is it bad I laughed at the picture? What an athlete!

    ReplyDelete