Thursday, February 9, 2012

Blog Post 3

Epic frisbee fail

Part 1.
All of the videos and slide shows talked about quality peer reviews and how they should be constructed. I loved the techniques that they showed especially in the video of the Top 10 mistakes. It was pretty funny and informative at the same time which was cool. Some of the techniques like speeding through the review or being vague were good because those are things I think everyone does without realizing it sometimes.

Part 2.
Technology in special education was really cool and I'm glad someone made a video for everyone to see first hand. I had the chance to experience this on a first hand basis myself. I had the opportunity to visit the Little tree which is an inclusion school for autistic and regular children. It was a great learning experience and i got to see just how much technology plays a role in education. This also ties into How the ipad works with Academics for autism.
I got the chance to see them use the ipad and other things like the smart board for non verbal children to communicate. It is absolutely unbelievable to watch how much technology helps these children. They literally have a voice when they use these programs. I got to watch them do programming with a non verbal child who was beginning to speak all because of the ipad and smart board technologies he started on when he arrived there as nonverbal.
I would use these different apps and features to help with the education of the children no matter how serious their condition may be. You can sit down with a child who may have not been able to talk and actually have a conversation because of these apps. There is a whole new world that is available now because of these features. I truly believe education and special education would not be improving as quickly as it is now without these technologies

Part 3.
This social media count is Crazy! It was so cool to see just how much time and information people put into computer. You really see how popular things like facebook and twitter are which was pretty crazy. I also liked the section bout gaming and mobile phones and if you click on the tabs under it to change it to days or months or even years. Those numbers got so high it took second to count! Definitely a cool video to watch to understand how much time and effort is put into these social features that are available to the world.

Part 4.
I liked this video because this can relate to all of us here at south taking huge classes where teachers don't have any idea who we are. It seems like a lot of them don't even care to know who we are or our situations. Teachers need to get back to actually caring for the student and actually wanting to help them. I really liked how it had different students holding up different signs describing aspects of their life with college. We all can relate to the papers, the 18% of teachers that know our names, and the seven hours or Less of sleep we get every night. I think teachers should have to watch this video.

4 comments:

  1. Zach, other than some typing and/or grammatical mistakes, your post was sound. I like when people incorporate their personal experiences into their posts. I agree that devices like the iPad and Smart Boards are a necessity in the classrooms. They are especially useful in special needs situations. It does offer a whole new realm of possibilities for the educator and student.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would suggest using links to the videos/material you are referring to in your blogs. This would help the reader understand what it is you are commenting on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, one more thing, it doesn't look like the Title modifier is showing up for your picture. Might want to check that out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I think teachers should have to watch this video." I'm doing my part!

    Proofread. Your post has a lot of missing capitals.

    ReplyDelete