Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Blog Post #1

My name is Zack Boone and I am 21 years old and in my junior yer here at south. I'm from a small town north of here in Clarke County called Grove Hill. I have two older brothers and one little sister. One is in the army, the other is a coach and teacher, and my little sister is in the ninth grade. My father is a minister of music and my mother is a nurse. I have a tight knit family who push me to set goals and reach them. This is the reason why I am here at south trying to become a teacher/coach.
          Ever since i can remember i wanted to be a teacher and a coach. I had thoughts about doing other things until my 11th grade year in high school. I had a history teacher who made class so enjoyable to everyone even the people who hated history loved being in his class. This kind of environment helped us soak up so much more because he was easy to have your attention. I thought that's the kind of teacher i want to be, where everyone looks forward to coming to my class instead of dreading it. Being a coach is something I am seriously passionate about doing as well. I just look forward to being a positive role model for the teams and teaching them lessons in life on and off the field. When i played football and baseball we weren't just taught fundamentals and how to play the game, we were taught how to be Men and how to be a positive role in society. I love history and sports, mostly football and baseball so one day i just decided that why not wake up everyday and have a job i love. I look forward to getting my degree from south as my mother and brother did and have a very successful career.

3 comments:

  1. your very lucky to have a close family that push you to make something out of your life.When I first started at south I also wanted to become a coach.I later changed my mind and decided to become a teacher.Back when I was in high school I also had a English teacher that made me feel the same way. He inspired me to want to do something in the education field.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have four i letters which should be I.

    Please combine all parts of a post assignment into ONE post in the future. Multiple posts waste a lot of time for the evaluators. Thanks!

    Welcome to EDM310.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to EDM 310! I hope that you will find the class interesting and engaging. Don't forget to contact the help line of you need help.

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete